Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Fly's Last hours

The Death of Sparkly
One day me and my dad found a dead bottle fly. A bottle fly is a fly that has a blue or green shell. Our fly had a green one.  We put it under my microscope and what did we see on our fly? We saw a terrible wound on her head and  her whole body was in pieces. Our green bottle fly's body sparkled and shined so I finaly dicided to name her Sparkly. Her body was so gross and her legs were hairy and even her wings were hairy. I think that she was quite hyper when she was alive because she was moving around even after we got her under the microscope.

Now we will reconstruct the last hours of Sparkly's life.

Sparkly was having a nice day and while we had our door open she flew right in not minding us. She flew into the living room and then a fly named Blackie Winger flew by and said- "I like your green exoskeleton!"

"Why thank you," Said Sparkly, "I get that quite a lot but it's always nice to hear! What's your name?"

"Blackie Winger of course! Haven't you heard of me?" said Blackie.

"OH YES OF COURSE! BLACKIE WINGER!" Yelled Sparkly blushing deeply as she landed. Just then Big Fat Matt stepped on her and Blackie helped her to the windowsill. Within an hour she was DEAD.

Blackie Winger's Death

We found the dead body of Blackie Winger after my father had gone CLAP! and killed him. We think Blackie made my father kill him on purpose because he was both sad and angry about Sparkly's death. We also think Blackie made my father kill him because Blackie did not have any family or friends. My father is also known as Big Fat Matt.  Well I hope my science fantasy trickery was funny enough to make you smile.
Sparkly in her prime

THE END

FLY FACTS
1. Flies only live about 30 days and depending on the fly maybe a little bit shorter.
2. Bottle flies have what looks like a shell and that shell can be green or blue.
3.There are about 120,000 different species of flies.
4. Houseflies are some of the most common insects of all time. They can live almost anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. what i mean by (didnt get it) i mean, it didnt make sence to me
    love
    madi bobady fjghutjyhurthuir

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you play . IM at shilos house right now
    love,
    madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elsa,
    We were away when you sent this. What a wonderful, humorous, well-written piece about flies. And your drawings were beautiful. I love the one of the fly in his "prime", who taught you that term? Very cute. And "exoskeleton"....I guess that means their skeleton is on the outside instead of inside like ours? I am very proud of your work. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete